Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

Title: Matched
Author: Ally Condie
Series: Matched Series
Age Group: Young Adult to Adult
Rating: 8
Couple: M/F

Synopsis: In this unsuspecting 'utopia' people have all of their decisions made for them. Down to what they wear, what they eat, what recreational activities they do... and who they marry.  When a young girl finds out who her match is, she is very satisfied with her choice.  It happens to be someone that she has known her entire life.  When she gazes at his picture and it flashed to different boy, things only go downhill from there.

Review:  It was amazing.Ally Condie really sucked me into this world.  I found myself telling everyone about this book as I was reading it.  There were so many things that I was shocked to learn about, but it totally made me believe in this world.  Certain events in the book made me laugh and cry and shout with anger.  The entire book was a roller coaster of emotion while watching a little girl in this society grow in a woman who wants to do something about the things she sees wrong.  The people you meet in the book are so life like you are thinking of them as your friends and family by the end of the book.
I was at a slight disadvantage though when I started this book.  I had no idea it was a trilogy.  So I got to the end of the book and was PISSED.  Mostly because it was not an ending.  It was merely a break in the story telling.  I am as excited about this book as Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instrument installments.It does not come out until November.  So until then, I am holding my breath.

Cautions: Things are messed up.  If the reader is too young for this book, you will know why the way they do not imagine that that way of life is anything different than what they already experience.  At a younger age, a parent will choose what you eat and wear and hang out with.  That's all normal.  When freedom is introduced is when this book will be a mind blower.

Series:  This is a trilogy and this was book one.  Of course.  Book two (Crossed) comes out in November with the conclusion (not yet titled) a year later.  If everything goes right.

HEA: Nope.  Not even close.  There's not even anything in sight that can make me believe there is going to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment